Andrew at Lucky Gunner Labs has written a very informative article on 5.56 vs .223. If you have any questions about which barrel / ammo to purchase for your M4 / AR-15, you may want to check out this article first. - c
- You should never fire 5.56 ammo in a .223 chamber…right? What would happen if you did?
- How are .223 and 5.56 Ammunition Different?
- .223 Chambers, 5.56mm Chambers, Everything In Between – And Beyond
- How I Tested Maximum Average Pressures
- What Happens When You Fire 5.56 Ammo in a .223 Chamber?
- Shouldn’t Your Rifle Have Blown Up?
- Don’t Hammer Forged Barrels Have Perfect Chambers?
- Which Ammo or Chamber Should I Buy?
Related Story: Tacticool